By using OpenSeneca services or accessing them in any of its forms or versions, you agree to these terms, which are regularly updated. Should there be any additional conditions of other services, products or applications that you have accepted, and if any discrepancies between such additional terms and these terms should arise, the additional conditions associated with the application, the product or service shall prevail.
Account and user registration
These are some of your commitments that you accept when registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- The personal information you provide on the OpenSeneca platform or their associated applications must be reliable and true.
- Do not create an account for others without their express permission.
- Do not create more than one personal account.
- If your account is disabled, you will not create a new account without our permission.
- Do not do anything that might endanger the security of your account, such as sharing your password or not diligently safeguard it.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your other account, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we deem it appropriate.
We do the utmost to make OpenSeneca a secure site, but we cannot guarantee it without your help, which includes the following commitments on your part:
- You will not collect information or content from other users or access to OpenSeneca using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without explicit prior permission from OpenSeneca.
- You will not access an account belonging to another user or request login information.
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on OpenSeneca.
- You will not post any content that contains language that incites hatred or bullying, is pornographic, incites violence or contains nudity or graphic violence.
- You will not use OpenSeneca for anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not trouble, harass or disturb any user.
- You will not take any action that could affect the proper functioning of OpenSeneca or their appearance, as a denial-of-service attack (DOS) or altering the page layout or other OpenSeneca functions.
Protecting the rights of others
We respect the rights of others and expect you to do the same.
- We can remove any content or information you post on OpenSeneca considering that it violates these Terms or our policies.
- You will not publish any content or take any action on OpenSeneca that infringes or violates the rights of others or violate the law in any way.
- For information on how to protect your intellectual property rights refer to Violations of intellectual property rights.
- Your account may be disabled at any time if we find that you violated intellectual property rights of others.
- You will not use our copyrights, trademarks or any of our brands similar to ours, unless you receive prior written consent of OpenSeneca.
- You will not publish identity documents or other sensitive, financial or confidential information of anyone on the OpenSeneca platform.
Special provisions applicable to developers and operators of applications and websites
If you are a developer or operator of an application or a website platform or if you use social plug-ins, you must comply with the Standards for Developers.
- If you use your mobile device to access OpenSeneca services note that normal rates of your operator will apply, for example, for text messages and data.
- If you entered your phone number among your user data, it must be updated at all times, as verification mechanism. In case you change your mobile phone, you will update your account information on OpenSeneca within 3 days to ensure that messages are not sent by mistake to someone else.
Special provisions applicable to the software
- If you download or use our software as a standalone software product, an application or a plug-in for your browser, you agree that it can be periodically downloaded and that upgrades, updates and additional features may be installed in order to improve, enhance and develop the software.
- You must not modify our source code or carry out any derivative works, as recompile or attempt otherwise to extract the source code, except as expressly permitted by an open source license or if we give our express written consent.
Changes and modifications
If you violate the essence or spirit of these Terms, create risks of any kind for OpenSeneca or expose OpenSeneca to possible legal liabilities, we could prevent you from accessing the OpenSeneca platform totally or partially. We will notify you by email or the next time you try to access your account. You can also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In such cases, these Terms will cease, but the following provisions remain in force: 2.c, 3-6, and 14-16.
- The only competent courts to settle any claim or dispute are the courts of Barcelona (Spain) and you agree that these courts are competent to resolve disputes of such claims. The laws of Spain govern these Terms, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, regardless of conflict of laws or provisions.
- Any information or content that one or several users share on the platform is the sole responsibility of the user. This includes contents that may be deemed inappropriate, obscene, illegal or offensive.
- The behaviour of any user of the OpenSeneca platform or applications, both within the platform and associated applications and outside the platform, in other media, is the sole responsibility of the user and not of OpenSeneca.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, your contents or information on OpenSeneca, you will indemnify us and exempt us from any liability for damages, losses and expenses of any kind, including costs and reasonable legal fees, which are related to such claims.
- You use the platform and its associated applications at your own risk. We do not guarantee that the platform works without interruptions, errors of any kind, or that deficiencies in speed or quality of the information can appear or that it is always safe.
- OpenSeneca platform and associated applications are provided, as they are, without express or implied warranty of any kind, including warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-compliance.
- We are not responsible for third-party data, contents or actions on the platform. You hereby exempt us, our managers and employees from any claims for damages arising from any claims you have filed against third parties or otherwise related to it.
- In any case, our joint liability derived of the Terms of this declaration can in no case exceed the value of one hundred Euros (100€).
Special provisions for users who do not reside in Spain
We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but also to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and to people who are users OpenSeneca located outside of Spain:
- You consent to having your personal data transferred and processed in Spain.
- The terms “OpenSeneca” or “OpenSeneca services” refer to the provided. These include:
(1) Our website www.openseneca.com, our platform, mobile apps, and any other website, sub-domains or other branded mobile applications with the trademark OpenSeneca (2) Services, trademarks, software or existing or later developed devices.
- The term “use” means among other purports, to modify and create derivative works, translate into other languages, copy, reproduce or publicly display.
- The term “platform” refers to a set of APIs and services that enable third parties to obtain information from OpenSeneca or provide us with data.
- Any item that a user shares through OpenSeneca platform will be called “content “
- The term “publish” means to make data available to other users on the OpenSeneca platform.
- The term “trademarks” refers to the list of OpenSeneca trademarks that are accessible here.
- The term “application” means any application or website that uses the platform or connects or accesses it in any way, and any component that performs data exchange. The term “application” will remain valid until you remove all the data you hold back, even though you no longer use the platform or log in.
- These Terms supersede any prior agreement between the parties and constitutes the entire agreement between the parties.
- Transfer your rights or obligations under these Terms to any third party it is not possible without our express consent.
- We reserve the exclusive right to make amendments or waivers to these Terms. Nobody else is allowed to do this.
- We reserve all rights that we have not expressly granted to you.
- Any user of the services of the OpenSeneca platform or applications must comply with all applicable laws and principles, at local, national or international level.
By using OpenSeneca services or access them, you allow us to collect and use your content and information in accordance with the Data Policy, which is regularly updated.